The chrome err_empty_response is an error message indicating that the browser is not responding to your servers. The error is more likely a browser-specific message as it is seen mostly in Google Chrome and some other related browsers. Whenever you come across such an error, a message is displayed on the screen saying that “No data received”. This means that the web page is unable to fetch the data and address of the URL that you are trying to receive.
Google Chrome is one of the top-leading browsers on the list as it is the most widely used browser in the country. It provides high-quality services to the users. Over the past few years, the Chrome browser has gained enormous popularity. The browser has a user-friendly interface that attracts users. However, due to some reasons, the browser has some disadvantages too. If you are using the Google Chrome browser for so long, then there are high chances that you must have encountered the err_empty_response chrome error code.
So far, we have encountered millions of users who reported the same issue. When you try to access websites like Youtube, Amazon, Facebook, WordPress, and other sites with a huge crowd, your device is more likely to face the net::err_empty_response. The error gives you two options- either reload the Chrome webpage or press the F5 button to reload the website automatically. It is a known fact that the chrome err_empty_response is annoying, so here we will discuss the causes and the solutions for how to fix err_empty_response.
Cause of Err_empty_response:
Multiple causes originate the way for the err_empty_response chrome. We have mentioned a thorough description of each cause and they are as follows-
- The first and the most common cause for the occurrence of the net err_empty_response is your network connection. The unstable and weak connection lowers the loading process of your browser. This problem arises with almost every user as the network connectivity is not necessarily stable always. Hence, there is a possibility that your chrome or any other browser may encounter this error.
- The other most common cause of the net::err_empty_response is the collection of your cache data. The presence of cache data results in the decreased performance of your browser. The data consumes extra storage space of your device and ends up throwing errors to you.
- Whenever you add open extensions to your browser, it is not mandatory that all those extensions will support your device. A few of them have compatibility issues that may throw an error and you will not be able to use the browser.
- The presence of malware, virus, and other harmful threats also results in the occurrence of the err_empty_response. The malware and other viruses harm your device and create obstacles in between the system. Thus, you should not entertain any such dangerous elements in your system and try to remove them as soon as possible.
- The other most neglected cause for the net err_empty_response is the outdated drivers. All the outdated drivers together cause this error. Hence, it is advised to update all your device drivers time-to-time to avoid such situations.
- Sometimes the error is being caused due to the antivirus and other firewall software because of their incompatibility with some browsers. This can easily be overcome by disabling the antivirus or the firewall system for some limited time duration.
Methods to Fix Err_empty_response Error:
If you are the one who is facing the chrome err_empty_response and do not know how to fix err_empty_response, then the methods given below would probably help you. Here we have listed some of the best solutions to fix the err_empty_response chrome.
Reset the Network Settings:
Whenever you come across the chrome err_empty_response, the first thing you should try is to reset and make changes in your Network settings. Making modifications in your network settings means that you have to reset the configuration of the IP address of your device. Here’s how you can reset your network settings.
- Open the search bar and type cmd in the bar.
- The search will then display the command prompt on the screen which is used to follow the commands given by the user.
- Click on the software click on “Run as administrator” and then open the command prompt.
- Once it is opened, type: ipconfig/release followed by the Enter” key.
- The command calls the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server. The server is then used to display the IP configurations of your device.
- Then type “ipconfig/all” and click “Enter”. This command will then list up all the IP settings of your device.
- In the next step, type: “ipconfig/flushdns” command and press Enter. This command will erase and flush the DNS of your device. As soon as the process is being executed, you will receive a notification on your screen. The message is more likely a confirmation text which says “Successfully flushed your DNS resolver cache”
- Now, you have to assign a new IP address configured for your device. Type: ipconfig/renew” and click enter to perform this task.
- Now, type: “netsh interface show interface” and click enter. This command will display the name of the internet connection that will be used ahead in the process.
- The next task is to set the interface of your connection in a way that the interface uses the DNS address assigned by the DHCP server. For this, type: “netsh int ip set dns name=” Name” source=dhcp” and again press Enter key. Instead of writing Name, use a valid connection name such as Ethernet or any other Local area connection.
- In the next step, we will have to reset the Winsock catalog. For this, type: “netsh winsock reset” followed by the Enter key. The Winsock catalog includes all the internet connection configurations of your device.
The process is now completed. You can close the Command prompt and can restart your device. Check if the net::err_empty_response has been fixed or not. If it isn’t, try using the below methods.
Temporarily Disable Antivirus And Firewall:
Every one of you will surely be using antivirus software on your device. Sometimes, this antivirus software can be a cause of the err_empty_response chrome. Thus, you can try disabling the antivirus for some time and then check whether the error has been fixed or not. The steps to disable the antivirus are as follows-
- Select the anti-virus program and right-click on the icon and select the “Disable auto-protect” option from the menu bar.
- In the next window, select the time duration for which you want to disable the software. Try disabling the software for about 15, 20, or 30 minutes. After entering the time duration, click on “OK” and continue.
- Now, once again try and check whether the chrome is working or not.
- If the error is still occurring, continue the process.
- Go to the start menu and search for the Control panel. Click on the icon to open it.
- Under the control panel, click on the System and Security option.
- On the right side of this option, you will see an entire window-pane with various other options as well.
- Out of the, click on the Turn Windows defender option.
- Now select the “Turn off the Windows firewall” followed by the “Ok” option and then restart your PC.
You have successfully turned off your antivirus and firewall. Again try to open google chrome and browse the web pages that have had the chrome err_empty_response. The error would probably have been fixed now. If still it isn’t try other methods as well.
Clear Browsing Data:
Whenever you use any browser, the web pages, and the data accessed by you are stored in the form of browsing data or browsing history. The data takes up a lot of storage of your device and as a result, the browser may crash sometimes. This leads to the occurrence of the chrome err_empty_response on your browser. Thus, it is recommended to clear all your browsing data or the cache memory stored in your device. The steps to remove the browsing data are as follows-
- Open the browser window on your device.
- Go to the “Menu” option located in the top right corner of the screen and then click on “Settings”.
- Under the settings option, scroll down the entire page and select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- You will see various sections on the screen. Out of them, select the privacy section and then click on the “Clear browsing data” button.
- Now, you will see a list of options displayed on the screen.
- In this, select the “beginning of time” option.
- From the listed checkboxes, select three boxes, Cookies, and other site and plugin data, cached images and files, Hosted app data.
- Then click on clear browsing data. Let the process be finished.
- Once it is done, restart your browser and check for the error.
Try Using The Incognito Mode:
Your device keeps the entire track record of all your activities. The websites you browse are stored in the history section. Along with it, your PC stores all your preferences in some amount of extra files which are often called cookies.
Thus, to save this extra usage of storage space, you can use the incognito tab of the browser. The incognito tab of Google Chrome allows you to browse the internet with extra security. All the cookies and settings that are done by the user gets vanished after closing the tab. Thus, no other person can sneak peek into your web activity once you are done removing the tab.
Using the incognito tab does not save your data files, browsing history, or cookies of the websites you have visited. Thus, you can try using the incognito mode that may solve your problem of chrome err_empty_response.
- Go to the menu bar or the three dots located on the top right corner of the screen.
- Then, click on “New incognito tab” and the new tab will be opened on the screen.
- You can instead use the CTRL+ SHIFT+ N shortcut to open the new incognito window directly.
If the website that you were trying to access is responding in the incognito tab, then the error might be caused by either of the google chrome extensions. Try removing those extensions for the err_empty_response fix.
Delete All The Temporary Files:
Your device has a temp folder that stores all the temporary files and folders of your device. The presence of these temporary files sometimes leads to the net::err_empty_response error on your device. Thus, you have to eliminate all these files from the device to fix this error. The steps to delete all the files are as follows-
- Go to the search bar and search for the “Run” application.
- Click on it and then click “Open” to open the application.
- Now, you will see a dialogue box. Here you have to mention the folder in which you want to enter. Type “temp” and then follow it with the “OK” option.
- The temp folder will be displayed on the screen.
- You have to delete all the files present in the folder. The shortcut to select all the files is CTRL+ A. after selecting the files, right-click the files and then select the “Delete” option.
- Once the files are deleted, reload the webpage you were trying to access and check whether the error has been fixed or not.
Update All Your Device Drivers:
Using a wrong or an outdated device driver may also result in the err_empty_response on your device. Thus, you should update all your drivers immediately to fix this issue. Let us discuss the ways through which you can update your drivers.
There are two possible ways to update them- either manually or automatically.
Update Them Manually:
If you want to update the drivers manually, you have to visit the hardware’s manufacturer websites. On this website, you have to search for your device drivers. Then select the model of the driver which is compatible with your device as well as with your Windows OS architecture. Once you have found it, click on Update and perform this for all the outdated drivers.
Update The Drivers Automatically:
The above process is easy but it is quite lengthy. Updating all the drivers manually will end up consuming a lot of time which is why it is impractical. Thus, as an alternative for this, you can update them automatically to save your time and energy as well. You can use the Driver easy software to make this task even simpler. Thus, you will not have to worry about downloading the wrong drivers, or need not go into the internal processing of your device. Here are the steps to use the driver easy software on your device.
- First of all, download and install the application on your device. Visit the official website and download it directly from there.
- After installing, launch and run the application on your PC.
- Click on the scan now button. This will ensure proper scanning of your device and will list down all the error-causing drivers.
- Then click on the “Update” button right in front of the driver. Once updated, you can install them manually later on.
- Instead, you can use the “Update all” button at the bottom of the screen. But this option requires a pro version and is paid. So, decide accordingly and update your drivers.
Once done, restart your device and the error has been disappeared.
Disable All The Extensions:
The extensions are quite useful for daily activities, but they always belong to any third-party software. Google has no right over these extensions. Thus, there is no such guarantee that the extensions are always safe to use. They sometimes cause the err_empty_response chrome. Thus, you can try disabling all your chrome extensions as a method to fix this error. Here are the steps to disable them.
- Click on the menu button or more precisely the three dots situated at the top-right corner of the web page.
- From the menu button, select the More tools option and then “Extensions”.
- Now, disable all the extensions using the toggle button. And then try to access the web page. If the website works, try enabling the extensions one by one.
- Identify the extension causing trouble. Then, remove it from your browser and your error will be fixed.
Switch To A Different DNS Server:
Your current DNS server may sometimes e interrupted and can cause the chrome err_empty_response on your device. Thus, you should try switching to a different DNS server to fix this issue. Here’s how you can switch to another DNS server.
- Open Chrome and go to the “Start” menu.
- Now select “Settings” and under this, select the Network and Internet option.
- It includes multiple options for the DNS server. out of these, select the type of connection you want to go with.
- Then click on the “Change adapter settings”. Then right-click on your connection server.
- Go to its properties and choose the “Internet Protocol versions”. Again click on the “Properties” option.
- In the next window, select the second option of “Use the following BNS server”. Now, type the address of your DNS server and click on “OK”.
- The window includes some good and reliable DNS servers. You can use any one of them to get good results.
- If you are still getting the same error, use your DNS server.
- Now, check for the error.
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ's):
Here are the most commonly asked questions related to the err_empty_response fix. Read them to get your answers.
- How to avoid getting the net::err_empty_response error?
To avoid getting such errors, you need to maintain the saturation level of your device. Keep all your Windows registries clean, clear the browser cache memory and the temporary files too. Moreover, keep your device safe and free from malware and other virus resources to avoid getting caught by the error. Also, try to use a stable internet connection for your device.
- Are the above methods safe to use?
Yes, all the above methods are tried and tested. They are safe to use and do not harm your device in either way. Thus, you can use any of the above solutions to fix the error.
- How to fix err_empty_response occurring on my device?
There are more than 7+ methods through which you can fix this error on your device. All of these solutions are discussed in the above section in detail. So, use the methods and get rid of the err_empty_response chrome.
- Can I use a VPN to remove the error from my browser?
Yes, using a VPN allows you to have better yet stable internet connectivity which is beyond your existing connectivity range. Thus, you can try using the best VPN network to bypass the interruption caused by your network connectivity. This will ensure that the error has been fixed.
By now, each one of you has found the right methods to solve the chrome err_empty_response for your Google chrome. All the methods and solutions discussed above are tried and tested by millions of users from all across the world. This in turn assures the safety and security of your device. The method does not involve any of your details hence, you can use them freely without any doubt. They are meant to perform tasks for err_empty_response fix. We hope that your browser is now free from this error and you can use it efficiently. This was all about the chrome err_empty_response, if you still have any doubts drop them in the comment section below.