Since the invention of computers, technological advancements have been rapidly growing with time. And so are our demands and expectations increasing that are associated with such devices. And one of the most amazing additions to the arsenal of computer technology is the invention of the internet. The internet not only is a source of knowledge and information but is far more important than that. The Internet serves purposes like helping as a means for studies, a source of various kinds of information, a way of communicating with people, data sharing, executing different office works, and many more.
But one of the most common uses that are associated with the online world is entertainment. Earlier entertainment used to be more sort of physical way which is now reduced to us sitting in a chair and scrolling through our electronic devices. People use online media for watching movies, listening to music, and many more. And in these usages, gaming is one popular activity that has millions of followers all over the world. Recently online gaming has been a big part of our everyday life which not only serves the purpose of a means of relaxation but also helps to enhance different skills.
League of legends which is commonly known as League is a multiplayer online video game that was developed in 2009 by Riot Games. The game is free to play and there are different sets of characters available which makes the game very popular amongst the users. There are millions of downloads since the initial release of the game. You can easily download it from the app store and play it. But sometimes, you may encounter a league of legends not opening problem. The following article is about why isn’t my league of legends launching and how to fix the issue with complete steps.
How To Fix This Problem?
League of Legends is one of the most popular online multiplayer games out there. Not only teenagers but also adults love to play it. And the game is available for Mac as well as Windows users.
However, sometimes, it is reported that the users face a league of legends launcher not opening problem. Below mentioned are some of the common causes that happen in the case of most of the users:
The most common type of problem arises due to problems in the server and client nodes. If the gamer is unable to reach the server network, then the league not opening issue occurs.
Windows system security sometimes prevents the game from opening. Also, third-party antivirus apps which have a different layer of firewall cause the game to halt.
If there are recent changes that have been made to the DNS then there might be issues related to it and this is why the game won’t open. This type of error is very common for new gamers.
The user may not notice it, but sometimes the problem happens when there is a poor internet connection to the dedicated system.
Also, if the gamer misses any step while installing the game or there has been any bug while the installation is going on, then the game won’t open while the user double clicks on it. Sometimes a dialog box appears on the screen which does nothing.
The above-mentioned problems were some of the few reasons why the game is not opening. So, if you are also experiencing the league of legends not loading problem, then the following are a stepwise procedure for fixing the problem:
Method 1: Moving The Source Folder
It has been seen in many cases that when the user moved the root folder for the league of legends to some other folder, then the league of legends isn’t opening problem was solved.
To do that, you need to go through the following process.
- Right-click on the League of legends icon or its shortcut and then go to, from there, to click on the “Open file location”.
- Now after locating the file, copy the same folder including all the data to any desired location on the PC.
- The file is usually saved in the following directory “C:\Users\Name\Documents\League of legends”
- You can copy the same file and then create a shortcut on the desktop.
Method 2: Modifying The Client In League Of Legends
This method involves the fixing of the game client is one of the best methods to solve this issue. To do that:
- Open the C: drive from the My Computer section. There will be one folder namely Riot Games. When you double click on it, there will be a file named League of legends.
- Go to \RADS\System after opening the folder. Then right-click on “user. cfg” and open it in the notepad.
- Now change the “Yes” to “No” in the “LeagueClientOption”. Then exit the whole menu and launch the League Client. After that, come back and delete the League Client file from the same folder.
- Click on the lol.launcher.exe to open the game.
Method 3: Killing The Background Processes
Sometimes the League runs in the background which causes the problem while opening the game. This issue can be fixed by killing the background running of the League of legends in the task manager:
- Right-click on the taskbar and open the task manager. Then go to the process tab.
- There you have to find the League of Legends. Click on the End task button for the same. Do the same for all the Legends processes.
- Then restart the system and open the game. By this time the problem should have gone.
Method 4: Use the LeagueClient.exe
Sometimes when the shortcut for the game is unable to open the game, you can try clicking on the LeagueClient.exe. To do that:
- Find the Riot games folder in the C: drive in your system. There go to the League of legends folder.
- There will be a program namely LeagueClient.exe.
- You have to double-click on it to run it. Otherwise, you can right-click on it and select the option for “Run as administrator”. This should open the game without any difficulty.
Method 5: Reinstalling The Game
One of the most promising solutions is to uninstall the game and then reinstall it. This should clear every error that has been there with the game. To do that you have to:
- Open the Control panel from the start menu. Or you simply can click the “Windows and R” key simultaneously. This will open the run dialogue box. Type Control Panel and hit search.
- Navigate to the Uninstall Program section in the control panel. Then find the League of Legends and select the Uninstall option. This will remove the game from the PC permanently.
- Then restart the system. Then go to the official website of the League and download the file. Reinstall the game and you should be able to open the game without any issue.
Method 6: Repairing The Game
Suppose you don’t want to follow the above step since it has the chance of losing your data, then there is also an option to repair the file. This sometimes solves the issue.
- At first, click on the start menu and then go to the Control Panel or you can access it by using the Run dialogue box. Then go to programs.
- Then go through Uninstall a program. There they found the League of Legends programs. Then click on the repair button.
- This mostly solves the issue and selecting the Automatic option in that menu will let the windows search for solutions if some problems arise.
Method 7: Disabling Windows Firewall
Sometimes, the firewall restricts the usage of the game and it can be irritating. Often third-party antivirus software is the cause of such a problem. In those cases, you can disable the firewall which will result in the successful running of the game. To do that:
- Go to the taskbar and search for system security in case you use Windows Defender. Then click on the firewall protection and select to turn it off. This will automatically allow the Legends to open.
- In case you use any other antivirus software; you can go to the control panel and then there you can go to the programs. There you can find the respective software. Go to the settings of the software from there and disable the firewall.
Method 8: Updating Graphics Driver And Video Card Driver
Sometimes updating the different drivers for the devices connected to the PC also helps. You should check for regular updates on the same.
The league of legends not opening after launch problems has been faced by many users in the past. You can follow any of the above-mentioned methods to open the game. There are various reasons which might be responsible for this kind of error. Knowing the problem and then finding an appropriate method to solve it is the best approach to tackle such a problem. These methods that are explained solve the common type of errors that causes the problem. But you may experience any other kind of error which can’t be solved by any of these, in those cases; you should contact the support team from the developers.